26 Feb Rocking Recipe: Chocolate and Guinness Cheesecake
Rocking Recipe: Chocolate and Guinness Cheesecake
With St Patrick’s day coming up in March it’s time to don everything green you can find, cook this Chocolate and Guinness Cheesecake and enjoy the craic (Irish for fun and festivities) with your friends and family. ”
The craic is going to be mighty” as they say in Dublin!
For the base
- 110g Crushed chocolate biscuits
- 50g Butter, softened
- 2 tbs White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
For the filling
- 675g Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 250g Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbs Thickened cream
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup (185ml) Guinness
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a 20cm spring-form pan with butter.
- Combine the crushed biscuits, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and cocoa in a small bowl; mix; press into the bottom of the prepared spring-form pan.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer set to low speed until smooth. While beating slowly add 1 cup sugar and then the eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until smooth.
- Combine the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Beat the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the sour cream, salt, beer and vanilla; blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over the crust. Place the pan into a large deep baking dish. Fill the dish with water to cover the bottom half of the spring-form pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the water bath in the preheated oven for 45 minutes; turn oven off; leave the cheesecake in the oven with oven door slightly ajar another 45 minutes; remove from oven. Run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to loosen from pan. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
You’ll be well on ya way to being Irish for a day to be sure!