This month we have partnered with LPE to help you better understand solar energy in Bodies Corporate.
Renewable electricity plays a pivotal role in our collective journey toward a greener, more sustainable future. Yet, the millions of Australians living in apartments and townhouses are missing out. This is set to change, all thanks to LPE’s industry-first solution.
LPE has created a shared solar electricity program for apartment and townhouse living set to empower strata communities to enact meaningful change. Plus, with an installation option that demands zero upfront investment, complexes from all socioeconomic backgrounds can take part.
Here’s what you need to know.
Overcoming barriers to solar
Upwards of 2.5 million households across the country have embraced solar electricity power. However, residents living in apartments, units, and townhouses have faced several significant barriers to entry:
- No apartment solar solution has offered fair use of roof space that ensures fair distribution of power and electricity savings to residents.
- Management, maintenance, and administration have not had the time or resources to research, purchase, install, and maintain a solar and battery system.
- If body corporate has investigated solar options, they may be cost-prohibitive, requiring an expensive outlay the strata’s sinking fund can simply not afford. Alternatively, investors and owners may not want to invest their own capital in solar technology.
LPE’s Shared Solar for Apartments and Townhouses solution overcomes all three of the above barriers to renewable electricity. Now, switching to solar is easy and cost-effective, encouraging strata schemes to take up the sustainable option.
Building sustainable communities
The benefits of solar are far-reaching, both for the planet and the community. Here are just some of the perks LPE’s Shared Solar for Apartments solution delivers:
- Solar electricity can help households save up to 25 tonnes of CO2 per year#1, giving residents peace of mind that they are actively working toward a happier, healthier future for all.
- LPE’s shared solar systems are designed to generate enough electricity to support a strata community’s daytime electricity needs. Both residents and body corporate will benefit from more affordable electricity bills, which will always be below the Energy Made Easy reference price.
- Installation and maintenance have put body corporates off embracing solar, but under LPE’s funded solution, install and upkeep headaches are a thing of the past.
How LPE’s Solar for Apartments solution works
LPE’s Shared Solar for Apartments solution makes sustainable living affordable, accessible, and stress-free. You don’t need to fork out any funds upfront or spend hours researching and organising installation and maintenance. Instead, you enter a supply term with LPE, during which we cover installation and ongoing work at no cost to you. At the end of the term, you can purchase the system for $1.
While you are not charged outright, LPE will recover the investment cost by charging occupants a cents/kWh rate. Remember, this rate will be below the reference price, ensuring all members of the community benefit financially.
Find out if your apartment or townhouse community is eligible for shared solar
The LPE team is more than happy to discuss your community’s needs and concerns. We can assess your building or complex to ensure it’s suitable for our shared solar solution – this may include a site visit. From there, we will send you a site-specific proposal.
Together, we can work toward a clean, sustainable future. Contact our dedicated team today on 1800 040 168 or email [email protected].
Find out more: https://localityenergy.com.au/solarforstrata
See our case study: https://youtu.be/8cxVDrmJaXM
See how it works: https://youtu.be/DXDN4Y_-V-o